Melrose Rugby Sevens Ground Plan
Key to Ground plan on sevens day
- MAIN STAND. ABCD represents main stand. The back row has a perfectly good view of the pitch but it is not possible to see the trajectory of aerial kicks. (This is of little importance in seven-a-side rugby). All the seats in the main stand are bench seats with no back rest. It is a covered stand and faces into the sun.
- WEST STANDS. Represented on plan by K & L. These are temporary covered stands erected for the Sevens. The seats have a little more space and have back rests. There is a good view from both stands. Only a limited number of seats can be sold for stand K as it is predominantly used for the spectators who are enjoying corporate hospitality at the event.
- ENCLOSURE Represented by EFGH. These are double rows wooden bench seats along each touch line. They are obviously close to the action but are totally uncovered and exposed to the elements. (The optimists among us say it never rains at Melrose!)
- GROUND The remainder of the pitch perimeter is grass bank terracing for standing.
- FACILITIES There are bars, food outlets and toilets at the back of all stands and across the Main Street in the commercial display area.
- CAR PARKS 1 St. Dunstans car park (disabled parking only), opposite main entrance - spaces very limited. 2 The Glebe, on Waverly Road (10 minutes walk from ground) and 3 Annay Road, on the Melrose to Newstead Road (also 10 minutes walk).
- CAR PARK MAP DOWNLOAD